PFA members are responsible, family-run companies, mostly going back to the late 19th century, who benefit from several generations of fishing experience, and operate a combined fleet of 23 vessels. They are vertically integrated companies involved in the catching, processing, distribution and export of pelagic fish. The association currently has members in France, Germany, Lithuania, the Netherlands and the UK.
Our members mainly fish in the Northeast Atlantic for herring, mackerel, horse mackerel and blue whiting. All catches are subject to quota which is fixed in line with science-based management plans. The European catch is taken within the rules and regulations of the EU fisheries policy and for the past ten years has accounted for approximately 80% of our global catch. The vast majority is exported by PFA members to developing markets outside the European Union. To put our operation into context, the combined catch of all affiliated fishing companies represents about one and a half percent of the world’s pelagic fish catch.
- Cornelis Vrolijk’s Visserij Maatschappij BV – The Netherlands
- Doggerbank Seefischerei GmbH – Germany
- France Pélagique s.a.r.l. – France
- Interfish Ltd – United Kingdom
- Jaczon BV – The Netherlands
- North Atlantic Fishing Company Ltd – United Kingdom
- Parlevliet & Van der Plas BV – The Netherlands
- UAB Atlantic High Seas Fishing Company – Lithuania
- W. van der Zwan & Zn BV – The Netherlands